Do you need help determining your yardage quantity?
- Amount: 1 cubic foot per bag.
- Adds key nutrients for plants health and vitality. Mix with existing soil to enhance growth and water retention.
- Breaks up hard clay soil.
- Local + organic.
- Made from locally recycled garden prunings, food products, and vegetable trimmings.
- Contains no biosolids or steer manure.
- Our premium product is made from recycled garden prunings, food products, and vegetable trimmings.
- Vegetables & Flower Beds:
- For existing gardens, apply 2 to 3 inches of Compost. Mix thoroughly into the top eight inches of your soil. Water well after planting
- For new gardens, mix 2 to 4 inches of Compost into the top 8 to 12 inches of existing soil. Water well both before and after planting.
- Trees & Shrubs:
- For transplanting, dig a hole twice the size of the root ball. Plant in a mixture of one part Compost and one part soil. Compact firmly to be sure there are no air pockets, then water.
- As a topdressing, spread 2 to 3 inches of Compost around garden beds, trees, and shrubs for exceptional beauty and soil enhancement. As a mulch to protect the soil from erosion, evaporation, and to reduce weed growth, add a 3-inch layer around trees, shrubs, and garden beds, placing it away from the base of trees trunks.
- Rake in ¼ to ½ inch of Compost in early spring or late fall. Water lawn after application. For best results, aerate lawn prior to applying. Overseed as directed. Water thoroughly.
- New lawns: Spread Compost 1 or 2 inches thick on the existing ground. Rototill the top 6 inches of your soil. Rake smooth, roller compact, install sod or use grass seed, and keep moist.